Friday, August 29, 2003

Corrections From Wisconsin

I stand corrected by Tom Terrific (aka Fightin' T). I had no idea that newspapers were ideologically biased. It is obvious that I am an innocent. Capitol Crimes? Geez.

That is really negative language. Well, Tom's point is well taken. I have no business pontificating about newspapers in Wisonsin. Here in Texas, all of the newspapers are centrist without bias right or left. If you believe that I have some beachfront property in AZ that I want to show you. Anyway, I now know the difference between the Madison State Journal and the Madison Capitol Times. It is amazing that Madison has two daily newspapers. In most non-mega-markets, there is now a sole fishwrap. I tell my students that the sole source of information in the world is the Amarillo News-Globe. If this be (fair & balanced) journalism, make the most of it.



Fightin' T in Wisconsin wrote on Friday, August 29, 2003

Neil,

That article on W I forwarded to you was from the CAPITOL TIMES, not the WSJ. I don't forward any editorials from the WSJ because it is a Republican newspaper and they aren't saying anything good or bad about W or the war. They're focused on "really important" issues like all of the Harley riders in Wisconsin this week.

The CAPITOL TIMES is the afternoon Madison newspaper that was created by William T. Evehue back in the early 20th C. He was a big supporter of "Fighting Bob" and the other LaFollette boys. He switched to the Democratic Party in the late 1930s after Phil and Bob, Jrs. failed attempt to revitalize the Progressive Party. Since then, the CAPITOL TIMES (also called the Crapitol Crimes by conservatives) has been the leading liberal/progressive paper in Wisconsin.

Dave Zwiefel, the present editor, is from Evansville, Wisconsin where I graduated from high school. His parents ran the bowling alley there where I hung out with the boys.

Sorry to hear you're giving up on college football. I look it as the AAA league for developing NFL players. How else could minority males get into major colleges, especially with affirmative action under the gun? Unfortunately, getting out of the colleges with a degree isn't a priority. One of my daughter's friends from college was Cecil Martin who graduated in four years. He was then and still is a class guy and is still the starting fullback for the Philadelphia NRA Eagles.

Great articles in "Rants and Raves" this week. I'll be in the North woods for the next week or so and will catch up when I get back.

Have a relaxing Labor Day weekend.

Eminilio P. Rospaglokus

No comments:

Post a Comment

☛ STOP!!! Read the following BEFORE posting a Comment!

Include your e-mail address with your comment or your comment will be deleted by default. Your e-mail address will be DELETED before the comment is posted to this blog. Comments to entries in this blog are moderated by the blogger. Violators of this rule can KMA (Kiss My A-Double-Crooked-Letter) as this blogger's late maternal grandmother would say. No e-mail address (to be verified AND then deleted by the blogger) within the comment, no posting. That is the (fair & balanced) rule for comments to this blog.