Wednesday, August 27, 2003



The Nedster in OH sent me the above Doonesbury from a few Sundays past. The Nedster is hinting (I think) that I am a slacker like Zipper Harris is this installment. Garry Trudeau is another one of my favorites. Amazingly, the Amarillo fishwrap carries Doonesbury, but it appears on the editorial page, not the comics section. Don't want to corrupt the minds of the young. Unlike ol' Zip, I maintain a Blog to vent and strike back at the forces of darkness in DC, Austin, and right here in Amarillo. BTW, Tom Terrific signed his last message to me as Venustiano Carranza (he won), the ultimate victor in the power struggle after Porfirio Diaz hit the road into exile. The Nedster started doing this last summer. He signed e-mail as SeƱor Wences and Pancho Segura and Pedro Martinez and the like. I signed a reply to Tom Terrific as Emiliano Zapata. I guess I should have added (he lost). In any event, the wacky signatures indicate to me that the Nedster thinks that everyone in Texas is a mestizo. That will be the case by 2050, but not in 2003. Speaking of Spanish, W claims to be bilingual. In truth, he's bi-ignorant. If this be (fair & balanced) treason, make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

☛ STOP!!! Read the following BEFORE posting a Comment!

Include your e-mail address with your comment or your comment will be deleted by default. Your e-mail address will be DELETED before the comment is posted to this blog. Comments to entries in this blog are moderated by the blogger. Violators of this rule can KMA (Kiss My A-Double-Crooked-Letter) as this blogger's late maternal grandmother would say. No e-mail address (to be verified AND then deleted by the blogger) within the comment, no posting. That is the (fair & balanced) rule for comments to this blog.