Monday, August 18, 2003

A poem for you, and history 1302

I am playing hooky from a required General Ass (the annual kickoff meeting from the fall term at Amarillo College: General Assembly). I think General Ass is more apt. All of our leaders get up and blah, blah, blah. This year, it will be a description of adversity. We're going to have to tighten our belts as never before. Blah, blah, blah. Instead, here is a tribute (?) from a student in the recently completed summer term.



Message no. 177

Sent by Teresa Schrock on Thursday, August 14, 2003 5:19pm

Oh, History 1302. I can't believe I am finally through.
No more Web CT, pet peeves, or the long glossary.
But oh, History 1302, I am not yet through with you.

From day one, I knew this class wouldn't be any fun.
Especially with the shared thought that students would one day kill him with a gun.
And as he asked us our majors, one by one, dreaded thoughts begun.

As the children began to moan,
"This is not grade 13!" he would nag.
And I personally wanted to put up my surrender flag.

"You're going to hell!" still echos in my dreams.
And my option to "not do a damn thing" will always be.

I will never forget how important Web CT will be
to the old geezer who teaches history 1302

By Teresa Schrock History 1302-4


No comments:

Post a Comment

☛ STOP!!! Read the following BEFORE posting a Comment!

Include your e-mail address with your comment or your comment will be deleted by default. Your e-mail address will be DELETED before the comment is posted to this blog. Comments to entries in this blog are moderated by the blogger. Violators of this rule can KMA (Kiss My A-Double-Crooked-Letter) as this blogger's late maternal grandmother would say. No e-mail address (to be verified AND then deleted by the blogger) within the comment, no posting. That is the (fair & balanced) rule for comments to this blog.