Friday, November 21, 2003

Contact Your PCP (Primary Care Physician) On The Web!

I spend a little time surfing the Web. I subscribe to a Webletter that touts new software and Web sites. I didn't believe that I would find my internist on this site, but (au contraire!) I entered the surname and the state in the search windows and (voila!), there he was! I have not tried to contact my doc this way, but the tout claims the system works. Helluva deal. If this be (fair & balanced) cyberchondria, so be it!

FAVORITE: MDhub.com

http://www.mdhub.com/

{Doctor! Doctor!} Touch base with your doctor from anyplace with access to the Internet. Enter your doctor's last name and state or the phone number to get to the MessageCenter page. Select a folder on the left to make a specific and non-urgent request. If your doctor is not using the service, the folders display "not available." It looks like about half of my doctors use the service, which allows you to make appointments, renew prescriptions, check on test results, get referrals, and questions. No registration is required to use the service and the service available only in the US, but it provides a good example for those considering such a service in other locations. If it's urgent, call your doctor instead of using the form. Good health to you. [Meryl]



No comments:

Post a Comment

☛ STOP!!! Read the following BEFORE posting a Comment!

Include your e-mail address with your comment or your comment will be deleted by default. Your e-mail address will be DELETED before the comment is posted to this blog. Comments to entries in this blog are moderated by the blogger. Violators of this rule can KMA (Kiss My A-Double-Crooked-Letter) as this blogger's late maternal grandmother would say. No e-mail address (to be verified AND then deleted by the blogger) within the comment, no posting. That is the (fair & balanced) rule for comments to this blog.